Nanette S. Zeller has been sewing since she was 10 and quilting since 2001. She is an author, instructor and award-winning artist whose artwork and writings have been published internationally. Her work has been featured on the Quilting Arts TV and in Quilting Arts Magazine.
Nanette earned a master’s degree in wildlife biology from North Carolina State University. In 2005, she began combining her skills to create innovative mixed-media textile art (generically referred to as art quilts) where she found her artistic voice in nature-inspired themes. Her work is heavily embellished with thread to create beautiful textures. Her artwork has been displayed in both solo and group shows at local and nationally recognized exhibits. In addition to numerous exhibit awards, Nanette is a two-time award recipient of the Regional Artist Grant Project offered through the Arts Council of Fayetteville, NC. Before starting her art quilting career, Nanette spent 10 years’ working as a free-lance technical editor for sewing and quilting book publishers.
- Quilting Arts TV (season 2400 & 2500)
- Quilting Arts Magazine (publication years 2019, 2018, & 2012)
- Inspirational Quotes Illustrated by Leslie Riley ©2014/2013 North Light Books
- Fiber Art Now Magazine (2012)
- Quilts and More Magazine (2011)
Exhibition highlights include:
- Backyard Escapes (2020), International Quilt Festival, Long Beach, CA
- Sacred Threads Eye Contact Project (2019-2020)
- Sacred Threads (2019 & 2016), Herndon, Virginia
- As Nature Speaks (2018), solo exhibit, Page-Walker Arts & History Center, Cary, NC
- Quilts: A World of Beauty (2015) International Quilt Festival, Houston, TX