Nanette S. Zeller has been sewing since she was 10 and quilting since 2001. She is an author, instructor and award-winning artist whose artwork and writings have been published internationally. Her work has been featured on the Quilting Arts TV and in Quilting Arts Magazine.
Nanette earned a master’s degree in wildlife biology from North Carolina State University. She found her artistic voice in 2005 when she began combining her skills to create nature-inspired innovative mixed-media textile art (generically referred to as art quilts). Her work is heavily embellished with thread to create beautiful textures. Her artwork has been displayed in both solo and group shows at local and nationally recognized exhibits. In addition to numerous exhibit awards, Nanette is a two-time award recipient of the Regional Artist Grant Project offered through the Arts Council of Fayetteville, NC. Before starting her art quilting career, Nanette spent 10 years’ working as a free-lance technical editor for sewing and quilting book publishers.
Over the years, Nanette developed a “large toolbox” of ideas and skills that she uses to make my her art quilts. She enjoys sharing her knowledge and finds it her mission to give her students permission to experiment and encourage them to develop their own style or artistic voice.
- Quilting Arts TV (season 2400 & 2500)
- Quilting Arts Magazine (publication years 2019, 2018, & 2012)
- Inspirational Quotes Illustrated by Leslie Riley ©2014/2013 North Light Books
- Fiber Art Now Magazine (2012)
- Quilts and More Magazine (2011)
Exhibition highlights include:
- Backyard Escapes (2020), International Quilt Festival, Long Beach, CA
- Sacred Threads Eye Contact Project (2019-2020)
- Sacred Threads (2019 & 2016), Herndon, Virginia
- As Nature Speaks (2018), solo exhibit, Page-Walker Arts & History Center, Cary, NC
- Quilts: A World of Beauty (2015) International Quilt Festival, Houston, TX